Begin Living Your Dream in 2014! We can help you achieve your new year resolutions! Check out all the programs and services we offer to help you stay well and fit!
New! Chess Club. Exercise your mind and skill. Fridays, 9:30, Gathering Room, Free, Drop-in.
ZENgevity is an innovative, whole body, whole person movement program to music. Enjoyed by all levels of ability. Mondays, 12:30 Multipurpose Rm or Thursdays, 11:15, Exercise Rm. Free. *Pre-Registration is required.
Newly Bereaved Support Group. The death of a loved one is indeed one of the cruelest blows that life has to offer. The journey through this grief is a very difficult and painful one for those left behind. This six-week support program for the newly bereaved, has a specific agenda to help those who are grieving the recent loss of a loved one. It is an opportunity to share our stories and explore the process of grieving and healing. Group size limited to six. 6 wks, 1:00-3:00, Multi Purpose Rm, Free, *Pre-Registration is required (will start another new group in January)
Better Choices = Better Health! and A Matter of Balance are two classes offered a couple times per year for your health and wellness. Learn tools to better self-manage your health challenges. These 6 week educational series can be life-changing for a happier and healthier future. *Pre-Registration is required.
Men’s Morning: The Honorable Russ Ingram hosts a round table discussion with guest speakers. Monthly, 1st Mondays, 8:45am. Gathering Rm, Free. Drop-in.Mar. 3rd: Keith Hickey, Salem Town ManagerApr. 7th: Bob Hansen, CERT Group
New! Ski Club. We’re organizing a few ski trips where you can enjoy a day of skiing at a discounted rate and relax on the ride to and from, as we’ll provide comfortable motorcoach transportation. (non-skiers are also welcome for just bus fee) We’re still developing details, but possibilities are: Gunstock/Mondays/$30; Mt. Sunapee/Wednesdays/$36; Loon/pick weekday/$39; plus $20 pp for motorcoach. Let us know of your interest and help shape the details! Call 890-2190.
New! Basketball League. Softball was such a great success, we’re moving indoors for the winter to play basketball! Mondays, 9:30-11, Boys and Girls Club, $5 fee paid directly to the Boys and Girls Club. Drop-in or call 890-2190 to let us know you’re interested.
Chair Massage: Enjoy feeling relieved of pain and stress with licensed massage therapist at half price. Choose from 5 to 30 minutes. Tuesdays, 10:20-12:30, Exam Rm, 50cents/minute. *Pre-Registration is required.
Reiki Treatments promote a sense of well being and encourages healing. Rid yourself of holiday stress! 2nd Thursdays, 9:30-11, Exam Rm, -or– 1st Thursdays, 11:30-3:30, Salem Rm, Free, Self- *Pre-Registration is required.
See newsletter for more details.
Take advantage of us!
Shop with usVisit our Off Broadway Boutique and Thrift Shop. Great gifts, home decor, clothes, decorations and jewelry!Shop open Monday-Thursday 9am-3pm, Friday 9am-2pm.
Attend our Orientation and be in the know of the more than 200 different programs, activities and services. Learn who and what we are as well as how to access all that we have to offer during a guided tour of our beautiful Senior Center. Held the first Wednesday of every month, 9:30-11:30. No pre-registration required.
* A great Buffet, a wonderful Play and a fun-filled Cabaret! Newport Playhouse, Newport, RI"My Husband's Wild Desires (Almost Drove Me Mad!)"~ Thursday, April 24th 8:45am-6:45pmCost: $68pp includes show, buffet, cabaret, motorcoach, tip.
* The Phantom of the Opera - in Boston! 2nd bus added!One of the most popular stage musicals in the history of Broadway.~ Thursday, June 26th 11:45am-4:30pmCost: $49pp includes show, motorcoach, tip.* Due to the timing of the play, if we incorporated lunch, we'd have to start eating at 11am. So, in an effort to not eat so early and also keep this theatre trip affordable to all, there will not be a meal on this trip. Snacks are available for purchase at the Opera House. As always, you are welcome to bring soft drinks, snacks, and/or a box lunch on the bus.
* The Secret Garden - This lush Broadway musical won 3 Tony Awards, including "Best Score of a Musical."Stoneham Theatre, Stoneham, MA and TreMonte Restaurant, Woburn, MA~ Wednesday, May 28th 9:00am-2:45pmCost: $67pp includes show, lunch, motorcoach, tip.
* Foxwoods Resort Casino, Ledyard, CT ~ Mondays 7am to 6:30pm April 28thPackage w/$10 food coupon or free buffet, $5 slot play. (Casino package subject to change.)Cost: $26 Includes casino package, motorcoach and driver gratuity.Parties
* St. Patrick's Day Party! (DiBurro's Function Facility, Haverhill, MA)~ Wednesday, March 12th 11am-3pmFeaturing entertainment by Carol O'Shaughnessy with Tom LaMark on piano.Cost: $28 Inclues line dancing, door prizes, dinner, show and gratuities
Salem Senior Services is a department of the Town of Salem. The mission of Salem Senior Services is to assist the Town of Salem’s Senior Citizens in maintaining self-sufficiency in their homes; acquaint them with local, county, state and federal programs; increase their opportunities to interact in the community; and provide them with a Center which fosters mental, physical, social and nutritional well-being in a wholesome environment.
Who: Senior community residents 60 years of age or older. All participants must register. General participation is free for Salem residents; $35 annually for non-residents effective August 1, 2013. A guest pass is available for a visiting guest of a registered participant whose only intention is to partake of the programs less than 3 times per year. Guest pass fee: $3 per person, per visit
What: Seniors can drop in any time just for coffee and conversation or to partake in any of our more than 200 structured activities, programs and services. The vast array of programs offers something for everyone in the way of wellness, socialization, exercise, education, enrichment, nutrition, transportation and support services.
Salem Senior Services (Ingram Senior Center) is funded by the Town of Salem taxpayers and Salem Council on Aging. Our 2013 Operating Budget is $319,924.00. We do not receive any state or federal monies. As of October 1, 2013 we are serving more than 2,560 seniors registered to actively participate in our programs, of which 85% are Salem residents and 15% from other communities.
Activities, Programs & ServicesNewsletter & CalendarAdditional Resources:Council on AgingElderly Exemption InformationServiceLink Rockingham County (603) 893-9769, NH Toll Free (866) 634-9412Greater Salem Caregivers (603) 898-2850CART Transportation (603) 434-3569Salem Housing Authority (603) 893-6417Silverthorne Adult Day (603) 893-4799Salemhaven Nursing Home (603) 893-5586NH Bureau of Adult & Elderly Services (BEAS)NH Legal Assistance (603) 624-6000, NH Toll Free (888) 353-9944NH Veterans Services (603) 624-9230, NH Toll Free (800) 622-9230US Administration on AgingNational Council on AgingNational Institute of Senior Center
Russell & Roberta Ingram Senior Center1 Sally Sweet Way (off Veteran’s Memorial Parkway)
603-890-2190Hours:Mon thru Thurs8:30 am to 4:30 pmFridays 8:30 am to 3:30 pm